The First Dania Beach CRA Community Garden
- A vacant 1.6 acre lot in Sun Garden Isles was turned into an amazing community garden to produce organically grown vegetables.
- Two part-time apprentice managers were hired – providing jobs!
- Volunteers fill 2,500 jackpot bags with compost and seedlings.
- Six weeks later, lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss chard, radishes , sun flowers, kale etc… are in the bags and growing.
- The community is engaged and has access to healthy affordable produce.
Dania Beach is now home to the first PATCH Garden…with more on the horizon!