If you loved the Panzanella Salad that you saw prepared at The PATCH last week, we are happy to share the recipe, courtesy of Flipany! Hope you love it! This salad recipe is perfect for anyone who is looking for a delicious meal.
PATCH Panzanella Salad
6 medium sized tomatoes
½ sweet pepper, julienne
2 cups Spinach
¼ cup of capers
1 loaf of grilled Ciabatta cut into cubes
¼ cup of basil, julienne
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
2 tbs red wine vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Grill the Ciabatta and cut into 1” cubes, set aside for use later.
- Marinate the capers in 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Submerge the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for 10 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a bowl of ice water to cool slightly.
- Using a small paring knife, peel off the tomato skins.
- Cut in half and scoop out the seeds, and discard or use for compost.
- Cut the tomatoes into 1” pieces and set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Add the bread cubes, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, capers and olives.
- Toss together and garnish with basil.